Donations Administrative Assistant
Summary: The Volunteer Donation Admin Assistant plays a crucial role in supporting the efficient functioning of the donation management process within Ruff Start Rescue. Responsible for assisting the development team, the role involves tasks such as data entry, donor correspondence, and record keeping. There is also opportunity to help solicit donations for RSR Signature Events, needs within RSR and our annual auction. Training and support is provided.
Time Commitment: This position will likely take 1 volunteer 4-5 hours per week or 2 volunteers 2-3 hours per week.
Location: Remote or in the Princeton Office
- Access a list of donor names via a spreadsheet and compare those names with lists found in several different softwares/locations - keep information up to date in RSR systems.
- Document possible duplicates in spreadsheet for the Development Assistant to confirm.
- Review donation reports and send thank you cards to new donors, recurring donors, and donations over a set amount.
- General data entry from spreadsheets into our donor management system - Network for Good
- General donor correspondence with donors, anniversary cards, responding to email inquiries, etc.
- Must be 18+
- Reliable access to the internet
- Must have competency with basic spreadsheet usage
- Comfort with searching for information in web-based softwares/databases
- Proficiency with cross-referencing information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information safe
- Qualifications: Must be 18+ Reliable access to the internet Must have competency with basic spreadsheet usage Comfort with searching for information in web-based softwares/databases Proficiency with cross-referencing information Excellent attention to detail Ability to keep sensitive information safe
Who We Are
Ruff Start Rescue is a foster-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit companion animal rescue that primarily serves communities throughout the state of Minnesota, as well as states in the south with severe pet overpopulation. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs, rabbits, and other critters. Most of our work is accomplished by a complex network of volunteers, fosters, and supporters, all of whom come together to save thousands of animals each year.
What We Do
Our vision is simple: We strive for a world where every companion animal has a safe and loving home and their family has the knowledge and resources needed to give them the life they deserve.
Because of this, we’ve made it our mission to do whatever we can to make that a reality for animals and their people who are in need every single day. We help animals in a variety of situations, including those surrendered, found stray, humanely trapped, and more.
However, because we don’t have a shelter, we can only take new animals in when we have a vacant foster home willing and able to take the animal in. This commitment sometimes severely limits the number of animals we are able to take in at one time as well as the kind of animals that are eligible to enter our care.
You Can Help!
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out when there are specific openings available.