Summary: Preventative Coordinators are responsible for filling medication and prevention requests from the Foster Managers. This includes filling requests, ordering shipping labels and preparing packages for mailing.
Time Commitment: One 2-3 hour shift per week is expected to be average.
Location: Ruff Start Rescue office in Princeton
Reports to: Senior Medical Manager
● Monitor requests spreadsheet
● Identify different preventatives and use dosage charts if needed
● Draw up, count and prepare requests
● Prepare packages for mailing
- Qualifications: ● Must be 18+ ● Reliable access to the internet ● Proficiency using Gmail and Google Drive preferred (but can train) ● Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public ● Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and direction at times ● Must be willing to come to RSR in Princeton at least once weekly to fill requests.
Who We Are
Ruff Start Rescue is a foster-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit companion animal rescue that primarily serves communities throughout the state of Minnesota, as well as states in the south with severe pet overpopulation. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs, rabbits, and other critters. Most of our work is accomplished by a complex network of volunteers, fosters, and supporters, all of whom come together to save thousands of animals each year.
What We Do
Our vision is simple: We strive for a world where every companion animal has a safe and loving home and their family has the knowledge and resources needed to give them the life they deserve.
Because of this, we’ve made it our mission to do whatever we can to make that a reality for animals and their people who are in need every single day. We help animals in a variety of situations, including those surrendered, found stray, humanely trapped, and more.
However, because we don’t have a shelter, we can only take new animals in when we have a vacant foster home willing and able to take the animal in. This commitment sometimes severely limits the number of animals we are able to take in at one time as well as the kind of animals that are eligible to enter our care.
You Can Help!
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out when there are specific openings available.